Sunday, March 28, 2010

Friends Beyond Borders

Friends Beyond Borders conversation group at Georgia Tech.

Every Wednesday at Georgia Tech Language Institute I meet new people at Friends Beyond Borders.  I get to know students from around the world as we talk about culture, food, hobbies, and much more.  The goal is to broaden our perspective of the world be getting to know people from other countries while the students practice speaking English with native English speakers.  These new friendships remind me of a video I'd like to share with you. 

The video shows what American Muslims would like to tell the rest of the world.  They would like to break stereotypes and correct misunderstandings.  I share this because Christ commands us to love God and love others.  I love others better when I understand a little better where they are coming from...this video helped me with that.  I hope it helps you too.

Click on the link to see the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbcmPe0z3Sc
or copy and paste it in a new window
(It's only 4 minutes long!)

No comments:

Post a Comment