Monday, August 6, 2012

Perspective


Perspective changes everything.

This past week, we played a game called "Can You Make It?"
 
Each team was given a pile of random objects and players took turns trying to make the word they drew out of the bag.  Whatever team guessed the word correctly first was the winner.  Think of Pictionary, just making the object instead of drawing it.

My team guessed this immage within about 10 seconds of me beginning to make it.  I was very impressed.  With the right perspective you'll see...a sailboat.


"Do you ever feel weak?"  Gif asked me later.

"Of course.  Everyone one does at times."  I responded.

However, how we look at this feeling of weakness goes back to perspective.   "We can think about it as God's reminder that he is the one doing the work and we should be relying on him, or we can just be frustrated because we feel like we don't have enough strength."

At one point in the game, my word was "chair."  I made an "L" shape with string then lined up four toothpicks sticking off the bottom.  To me, it looked like a chair.  To the judge (who pointed and said, "That's it exactly!") it was a chair.  To my teammates, it was string and toothpicks in a mixed-up pile.  

How many times do you think we see God's plan like that?  When really, if we seek him (and are patient for his timing) the picture would look much different. 

 Any guesses? 
This one my team figured out...a cat.
 Teams 1 & 2

Teams 3 & 4
 The "making" process.

 Too easy!  
An ice cream cone.

 I was impressed that we figured this one out...
An elephant!  (The trunk is closest to us and the blue dot is its eye.)

Teams 5 & 6

No comments:

Post a Comment