Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Why Thailand?

 Our conversation group, Tommy is on the far right.

"Why do you want to go to Thailand?" Tommy inquired.
"Because I want to learn the Thai language."  I responded. 
"Why do you want to learn the Thai language?  It is not useful in very many countries."
"Well, because I want to be able to talk to people in Thailand and learn about their culture."
"But why Thailand?"
"I think Thailand is very interesting."
"Why not Japan or China or Taiwan?"
"Because I can get a visa there easily."
"You can get a visa in Taiwan.  What is the real reason?"
We were conversing in the Language Institute at Georgia Tech, so we were not supposed to be openly sharing the gospel.  After looking around to make sure no instructors were listening, I responded.  "I believe in Jesus.  So I prayed to Jesus about where I should go, and he has given me direction to go to Thailand."
"Oh...okay."

1 comment:

  1. How exciting Julia! God is preparing you for times that may be tougher than just a scolding from an instructor when proclaiming Jesus. I got to edit a speech about Boniface. Talk about courage! I need to learn from his example and be willing to "run to the roar". Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete