Monday, August 26, 2013

Chachoengsao...Where?

Tuk Tuk in the rain.  We are taking a pickup truck to Chachoengsao.  Hopefully the rain will hold off until we get there.
 
I've found my life's adventure with God is sometimes like my average trip in Thailand.  It usually begins with a side conversation ending with something along the lines of, "Will you join us?"

"Sure."  Then I hesitate.  What did I just agree to?   "Umm, I mean... Where?  When?  How much will it cost?  Who else is going?  When will we return?  How are we getting there?  What do I need to bring?"

 "Chachoengsao."

"Bless you!"

"I didn't sneeze."

"Come again?"

"Chachoengsao, a province about three hours east of Bangkok, for an English camp and to visit a children's home." My friend clarified.

"Okay.  Sounds good to me." I agreed.

-  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -

About five years ago, God asked a similar question of me, "Will you join My work in Thailand?"

My response was about the same,  "Sure."  Then hesitation as my mind began to process what I had just agreed.  I tried to stay afloat in the details of my drowning thoughts.   

Thailand?  When?  How much will it cost?  Who will I go with?  How long will I stay?  A ONE-WAY ticket!?  What do I need to prepare?

By His grace, I made it to Thailand.  I didn't know all the details, but as deciding points came and went, I always had the answers I needed or enough direction to make a choice in faith.

"Since all these things are thus to be dissolved, 
what sort of people ought you to be in lives of holiness and godliness, 
waiting for and hastening the coming of the day of God..." 
2 Peter 3:11-12
 
Other than Chachoengsao (and I'm still trying to figure out where that is), I have no idea what God has planned for this week's adventures.  But I know we want to use our time well.  This may be the first time these kids have heard of Jesus.  The seeds we sow may be the seeds that God grows into a well-rooted ceder tree. 

As Gif and I discussed yesterday, we will be flexible and ready to say "yes" when God gives the opportunity. We know the outline, a children's home and English camp.  And God knows the rest. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment