Sunday, June 30, 2013

Boldness

Bold enough to take photos in a bright red gown on the sidewalk, so why wouldn't we be bold enough to take chances when we know God is leading?
"Boldness is critical.  Without boldness, my life story will be one of great deeds left undone, victories left unwon, petitions left unprayed, and timely words unsaid.  If I wish to live only a pathetically small portion of the life God has prepared for me, then I need no boldness.  But if I want my life to bloom full and loom large for the glory of God, then I must have boldness -- and nothing so nourishes boldness in me like the gospel!"  A Gospel Primer for Christians by Milton Vincent 

This passage challenged my small group Bible study and me to think about areas of our lives we are living timidly, living less than the full potential God has for us.

The Bible is full of verses speaking of the confidence we can have through the Spirit.  Confidence to approach God with big prayers.  Confidence to speak His truth in all situations.  Confidence to walk forward in faith.  Confidence to be someone who doesn't always go with the crowd.  Confidence to share the gospel amid cultural or language barriers. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment