Saturday, November 19, 2011

What Sets Us Apart

Gif and me enjoying fresh coconuts

"Oh, my elbow hurts.  I think it's bruised."  Gif said as she rubbed the sore spot.

"What happened?" I asked.

"While I was on the bus the ticket lady accidently hit me with her metal ticket holder.  But, oh, that's okay.  I'll be okay.  She spoke very kindly and apologized.  I could see she felt bad.  Then I started eating a snack on the bus ride, you know, those twisted bread cookies.  Well, I offered one to the ticket lady.  She was so surprised because she had just bumped into me.  She thought I would be angry with her, but I gave her a snack instead."

Gif's bus story filled my heart with joy.  The beauty of loving with Christ's love is that it's not dependent on how others treat us.  It's a love that really stands out.

No comments:

Post a Comment